![]() |
| Haylee Weiss, 7, splashes down on the waterslide at the Emporia Aquatics Center Monday, June 16. (Photo by Adam Vogler/ The Emporia Gazette) |
Everyone, their brother, their uncle and their third-cousin twice-removed on their mother's side seems to have a blog these days SOOOOO here's mine.
My name is Adam Vogler and I'm the Photo Editor (really sounds more impressive than it is) at The Examiner in Independence, Mo. a suburb of Kansas City and the hometown of Harry S. Truman. I've been a newspaper photographer for five years if you count the time I spent working for my college paper and freelancing for The Joplin Globe my senior year.
I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to use this for. The basic idea is to try and garner a little more exposure for my work and myself, that's right this is unabashed, unashamed self-promotion baby. I'm hoping that someone somewhere will eventually read what's here and say to themselves, 'That's someone I want to pay an obscene amount of money to [go some amazing place] and [photograph some amazing thing]'
In all seriousness I plan on using this space to expand a little on the photos I take and publish as part of my day job and to exhibit some of my personal work that rarely sees the light of day. I'll probably talk a bit about my failures as well as my successes and try to give a glimpse of what the life of a photojournalist in the early stages of their career is like.
I'm going to try to post a few times a week so its probably going to be some rough takes, hense the title. A photographer's loose edit is result of the first pass they make through the images they've taken, the rough cut to steal a movie term. Few of the images of a loose edit are ever seen again even by the photographer who took them. This blog is kinda going to be the loose edit of my take on life and the photos I take. Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:
Post a Comment